You think you know this planet has an amazing substance that we can’t live without. But you might think you can’t imagine what it is. Well, I’ll give you 10 clues.
10) It needs a lot of incoming heat to substantially change its temperature. (Especially in the oceans)
9) It easily holds its own surface, can hold to molecules of the same substance, and can even hold to certain walls.
8) It is neither an acid nor a base
7) Your kidneys control the balance of this in your blood in relation to the cells of throughout the body.
6) It falls, rises, makes clouds, and does this in a constant cycle.
5) It is quick to dissolve substances, making it a (somewhat) universal solvent
4) It can be a solid, liquid, or gas.
3) In ice (solid) form, we put it in our drinks and store it in cubes or in a crushed form.
2) When it is frozen and transitions from a liquid to solid, it will expand (not contract), protecting life under a thin layer of such.
1) We are supposed to drink 8 glasses of it per day.
So, what is it? You guessed it: it’s water! Good old H2O! Sure was a no brainer!